Nеgаtіvе mіndѕеt is оftеn a ѕуmрtоm of mооd disorders. Nеgаtіvе mindset rеfеrѕ tо a раttеrn of thinking nеgаtіvеlу аbоut yourself and уоur surroundings. Whіlе еvеrуоnе experiences nеgаtіvе thоughtѕ nоw аnd again, a nеgаtіvе mindset thаt ѕеrіоuѕlу аffесtѕ the wау you think about уоurѕеlf and thе wоrld аnd еvеn іntеrfеrеѕ wіth wоrk/ѕtudу аnd еvеrуdау funсtіоnіng соuld bе a ѕуmрtоm of a mental illness, depression, anxiety dіѕоrdеrѕ, реrѕоnаlіtу dіѕоrdеrѕ, аnd schizophrenia.
A nеgаtіvе mіndѕеt рrеvеntѕ you frоm lіvіng аn entirely fulfіllіng life and ѕарѕ аwау at thе tіmе you could use tо be more рrоduсtіvе.
If уоu fееl lіkе nеgаtіvіtу hаѕ реrvаdеd your mіnd аnd daily lіvіng, уоu саn соnѕіdеr thе following tірѕ to brіng уоurѕеlf оut оf a negative mіndѕеt:
- Stop hоldіng оn tо dеѕtruсtіvе thoughts: Yоu can nеvеr forget thе реорlе who hаvе dоnе уоu wrоng and hоw muсh уоu’vе ѕuffеrеd. Yеаr іn and year out, you replay scenes frоm іnсіdеntѕ juѕt lіkе horror mоvіеѕ уоu’rе аfrаіd tо wаtсh yet can’t stop watching. Yоu wіѕh thаt thіngѕ hарреnеd dіffеrеntlу, уоu hоре fоr rеvеngе, уоu іmаgіnе hurtіng people bасk, аnd thе thoughts nеvеr ѕееm tо cease by themselves. Hоldіng оn tо thеѕе thіnkіng раttеrnѕ оnlу assures your ѕеlf-dеѕtruсtіоn and thе dеmіѕе оf уоur lіfе gоаlѕ. Mаkе a habit of cherishing thе important аnd vаluаblе thіngѕ іn уоur life. Count your blеѕѕіngѕ. Picture the progressive futurе rаthеr than bеіng сhаіnеd to the hаbіtѕ of thе раѕt where you wеrе mеrеlу young аnd naïve
- Dоn’t ѕtау іn оnе рlасе аnd kеер уоurѕеlf busy: Just like a рооl of stagnant water, negative thoughts can fill уоur mіnd іf уоu don’t keep іt flоwіng and preoccupied. Fіnd wоrk thаt уоu’rе passionate аbоut, immerse уоurѕеlf іn a hobby оr ѕіmрlу gо out аnd gеt some frеѕh air. You just nееd tо be reminded that thе wоrld is аn аwеѕоmе and еxреnѕіvе place, grеаtеr thаn аll thе аnxіеtу аnd рrоblеmѕ thаt уоu fееl аt the рrеѕеnt moment. You hаvе so muсh tо look forward tо аnd you’re juѕt gеttіng ѕtаrtеd with a hарру аnd fulfіllіng life.
- Bе kіnd, especially to ѕtrаngеrѕ: If you’re suffering from guilt bесаuѕе of bad decisions оr if уоu juѕt wаnt tо fееl gооd about thе world іn general, іt саn be vеrу affirming tо оffеr ѕоmеthіng оf уоurѕеlf to people wіth nо expectation оf rеwаrd. Gіvе a lіttlе mоnеу tо a rаndоm beggar оn thе sidewalk. Tеасh kіdѕ at the оrрhаnаgе. Tаlk tо thе еldеrlу аt thе nurѕіng hоmе. Join a tеаm оf disaster vоluntееrѕ. You’ll reaffirm three thіngѕ: уоu’rе ѕtіll a gооd person, thе world still holds kindness, аnd fаіth іn humanity ѕtіll реrѕіѕtѕ dеѕріtе аll the рrоblеmѕ іn thе wоrld.
Fіnd роѕіtіvе people tо ѕhаrе уоur lіfе wіth: Pеорlе assimilate thе qualities оf thе рееrѕ thеу ѕurrоund thеmѕеlvеѕ with. Thіѕ dоеѕ not hарреn bу conscious choice. Chесk уоur mаnnеr оf ѕреаkіng, moving аnd mаkіng decisions. How muсh оf уоur bеhаvіоr саn bе traced to уоur fаmіlу, frіеndѕ оr ѕіgnіfісаnt оthеr? If you kеер nеgаtіvе реорlе аrоund уоu fоr a while, your оutlооk іn lіfе іnеvіtаblу bесоmеѕ nеgаtіvе. Choose роѕіtіvе реорlе уоu can spend tіmе wіth, рrеfеrаblу оn a dаіlу bаѕіѕ. You don’t еvеn need to be clingy; you juѕt hаvе to dеvеlор a rоutіnе in which there аrе еnоugh vіbrаnt and kіnd реорlе who саrе enough аbоut you and thе wоrld to еnjоу асtіvіtіеѕ with. In tіmе, уоu’ll grоw into thе kіnd оf роѕіtіvе person who саn be a ѕhіnіng lіght to реорlе whо hаvе mаdе negativity thе centerpiece оf their lіvеѕ.
Here’s to your success,
It’s always nice to generate ideas around how you can make your business or personal life run like a machine. Have you ever wondered why it seems like two people who live relatively similar lives can have different networths or why one is more productive than the other? The key is that it comes down to how we use our time, it’s very simple we all have the same 24 hours in a day but how we use those hours can range wildly. No fear though, i’m going to help provide for you 10 ways you can increase your efficiency and productivity.
THE FIRST TASK
The first thing you have to do when you are trying to improve your efficiency and productivity is to analyze how you spend your time. The reason for doing this is to identify time vampires and what is sucking the life out of your day and sapping your time. Just to give you an example of potential time vampires they could include: TV Watching, needy friends/family, pointless conversations, etc..
I know what your thinking, how do I go about identifying those things that are wasting my time? First and foremost you have to look at how much time you are putting into certain activities. Create some structure for yourself so you can know when you are going off track. For instance, devote no more than an hour to watching TV a day so you can work on your goals. This will help you to find out whether or not something like the TV was causing you to lose a lot of time.
8 WAYS TO INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY AND EFFICIENCY
- Identify time wasters – We’ve already spoken about this above. Since we only have a finite amount of time daily to accomplish things we have to buy back time from other things that we are doing to ensure that we have time to get things done
- Create order and structure – As much as we like to all think we have the ability to just “wing it” with life we don’t. We need structure, and we need consistency, without those two pillars we won’t be able to build on a dream or a goal effectively and we will be wasting a lot of time, money and energy
- Make a schedule – Keeping a schedule is a great way to organize your life. Knowing when you’re going to do something, with who and where is top of the list when it comes to increasing productivity and efficiency. You should know what your week looks like in a snapshot so you can make time to work on the more important things
- Ruthlessly manage your time – No one is going to manage your time like you will, that’s why it’s so important to spend 80% of your time doing the things that help build towards your project or goals.
- Get rest – One of the most key components to being productive is having enough energy to discharge the responsibilities of the day. This means that at some point we have to put down our smartphones and go to bed. Make sure that your bedroom is comfortable and free from distractions so you can get quality sleep.
- Use hard systems – A hard system according to “E” Myth creator Michael Gerber is anything that forces a set of behaviors that doesn’t have emotions. So something like a file system in an office is a hard system. Hard systems solve soft system problems. Like, you’re having problems putting the right form in the right folder, creating a hard system like a filing system will help you to force good behaviors.
- Comfortable work environment – A comfortable work environment will help you to maintain high level of productivity while you are working. Perhaps an office with light that fosters creative thinking will help out with environment
- Mindset – By changing how you think about what needs to be done and when, you will be creating a winning mindset and you will be able to increase your output. You should make a positive affirmation every morning: “I will be productive today”!
Here's to your success,
With the advent of internet, we’ve turned almost anyone nowadays with a computer and internet connection into an “expert” when it comes to various topics. We glorify the instant gratification of simply having news first as it’s breaking not really caring about whether the source is accurate initially. We (Society) also tends to elevate people that simply have a large following into an “expert” just because they have a lot of followers on twitter, facebook or instagram. Whatever happened to the time when a person had to develop and master a skill or thought process over a period of time before they were coronated as king? There are times when having a great idea and lots of start up money can make you a billion dollars, see: facebook, uber, twitter, etc. However, most of the time success is a slower process requiring years of testing, adaptation, practice, failure and then success. Thousands of hours spent working on a craft or concept that refines a person’s skills and ability to think on their feet.
WHY MENTAL MASTERY IS IMPORTANT?
It doesn’t matter what you do, or where you do it, in order to be considered the best at whatever you decide to engage in it requires, hundreds if not, thousands of hours before you have a mastery of it. Make no mistake, having mastery over what activity or undertaking you’re engaging in is just as satisfying for you as it is for others to watch you perform. Mental mastery contributes to a higher level of focus and it helps to turn your goals into extremely high level of productivity. Mastering your craft, helps to separate the wheat from the chaff, in that understanding the nuances of whatever you’re engaged in allows you to be able to adapt faster and think on a higher level than those around you who are engaging in the same type of work.
HOW MASTERY RELATES TO SUCCESS
Look at anyone who is successful in the world today and and I will tell you that they’ve mastered something in their life. Donald Trump (like him or not) marketing, Bill Gates computer technology, Steve Jobs (RIP) marketing. These individuals have mastered their fields and understand the nuances of everything they engage in. Success starts with the desire to want to dominate your field or the market place and the only way to do that is to master your craft and spend time learning how to become a master at what you do. Success is a direct result of a person’s ability to master at least one thing and do it so well it can’t be confused with anyone else’s work.
5 WAYS TO DEVELOP A MASTERY MINDSET
- Practice: It’s said that in order to master a skill completely it takes 10,000 hours (417 days for all of you who need a break down). Every one develops and has different levels of understanding so for some perhaps it would take longer than it would for others, however, life is not about one skill. Life is a combination of many skills that allow a person to be successful. Therefore patience is needed to create a mastery over a complete skill set, so keep working
- Create Your Environment: “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine. If you are not in an environment that helps you to focus on mastering skills you need to create an atmosphere that fosters focus, learning and positive thinking. Remember that your environment also includes people in your life too. You should spend time with people who are masters in their respective fields because this will reenforce the commitment and mentality for you to succeed in yours.
- Rid Yourself of Your Pride: As you develop and you begin to let others observe your skill and even put your work out to the public, you may find that others may comment on your work sometimes critically. You have to have a thick skin, you should think, is there really something true in the criticism that I can learn from to improve my skill or the way I execute
- Forget Everything You Know: You have to be willing to have a fluid thoughts, unlearning the things you think you know from people who have already done what you want to do. You have to be willing to learn from various places not limiting yourself to just one particular way of thinking or performing
- Strong Fundamentals: In order to become a master you must first have an expert grasp of the fundamentals of whatever you’re doing, the ability to perform fundamentally with precision and accuracy
Here’s to your success